Courtney and Chris have a lot to celebrate. Like most couples, they’ve seen their share of ups and downs. To share in their special day they planned a vow renewal in front of their immediate family and close friends. They shared a delightful Cuban dinner filled with laughter at Coco Palm Restaurant – the place (with an amazing view) where they exchanged vows for the first time in 2008.
To commemorate their anniversary, Courtney asked me to create an art piece that has very special meaning for them as a couple and family:
– Colors: Courtney loves the combination of blue, gray and white
– Pattern: She is drawn to geometric shapes. She found a lamp at one of her favorite stores that I purchased and used the material from the shade in the background!
– Flower: Her wedding and vow renewal flower was the spider mum
– Their Favorite Song: “Stay with You” by John Legend
– Her Nickname for Chris: Love Bug
Each element was incorporated, plus a few surprises:
– The geometric pattern signifies their path and I commemorated their 5 year years with 365 steps for each year with 1,825 steps/brush strokes in 4 colors, one for each family member (Cameron choose silver to be his color).
– Chris had a cancer scare in 2012 so I incorporated a purple ribbon for him as a reminder of his strength and triumph
– 38 layers deep, this 24″x18″ piece will be a family heirloom, always
Event Planner | InStyle Event Co. | http://www.instyleeventco.com/Photography | Christopher TODD Studios | www.christophertoddstudios.com
Artwork | Commemory Fine Art by Bethany | www.bethany-thomas.com
Venue | Coco Palm Restaurant | www.cocopalmrestaurant.com
Which textured memories do you treasure?