Debbi and Chuck have been happily married for 20 years. They celebrate their anniversary each year with a surprise. This year Debbi wanted a way to tell their love story, incorporating important memories together in that time. I have to admit I was very intimidated to create an art piece that would do their relationship justice. But after spending about an hour on the phone with Debbi, the symbolic pieces of their love story became as clear as the love they share for each other –
– Their first date was a hot air balloon ride (the focal point with key dates in the basket)
– Chuck’s favorite band/album and their first dance are in the balloon (The Grateful Dead & Nat King Cole)
– Debbi loves the beach and fall colors (sunset achieves the colors for her)
– The places they have lived both apart and together have given them the strength and comfort (each city and state are woven into the beach)
– Chuck loves it when Debbi plays the piano for him (music notes on the beach)
– Chuck has always written Debbi love notes (the actual notes make up the balloon)
– 36″ x 24″ and 67 textured layers of love
Photography | Lovato Images | www.lovatoimages.com
Debbi gave this to Chuck as a surprise on their wedding anniversary – and their kids got them a hot air balloon ride in Temecula!
Here are some progression photos, layers 4 – 60:
See my Etsy shop to get started on your custom artwork, http://etsy.me/XOW84l.
Which textured memories do you treasure?