I’m a believer in serendipity – a way of making fortunate discoveries by accident. Similar to how John Cusack found Kate Beckinsale at the same ice skating rink years after they had their first date there (I just love that movie). Coincidentally the movie is about marrying who you are destined to be with, which is pretty appropriate! The creation of “Hold Me Forever” seemed to happen by chance but I think it was destined through a wonderful link of unplanned discoveries I made –
– I wanted to create a piece for B Bride Studio to display in their beautiful store
– B Bride Studio started carrying the Fancy line of dresses so I picked ‘Cecile’ to paint
– I went to Fancy’s Facebook page to get inspiration and found their client Marina
– Marina was from New York but that didn’t matter to me because the photography capturing her darling theme was so inspiring
– Marina is originally from Southern California and actually had her wedding here. Her wedding was coordinated by LVL Events, an Orange County-based company where I was very familiar with and knew the owners, Lindsay and Heather!
What you’ll see are 5 core elements from their wedding that are incorporated into the painting; Marina’s dress, the colors of the wedding, the ‘his and her’ flower from the printed designs, their sweetheart table swag and calligraphy from the printed materials.
Wedding Photographer: Turn Loose the Art | Coordinator: LVL Events| Dress/Designer: ‘Cecile’ by Fancy New York | Dress Location: B Bride Studio |Invitation & Printed Materials: Made With Heart | Painting Photography: Miss Darcy Photography
Special thanks to Stacey of Hitching Post Public Relations who helped make this destiny come true.
See my Etsy shop to get started on your custom artwork, http://etsy.me/XOW84l.
Which textured memories do you treasure?